Thursday, August 5, 2010

#42 SoWa

SoWa (South End Open Market)
460 Harrison Ave,
Boston MA

Travel Time: 20-30 min walk from NEU/Mass Ave MBTA Orange Line T, OR 15 min walk from Orange Tufts Medical Center Stop.

Cost: whatever you buy!

Note: Open SUNDAYS from 10am-4pm

I had no idea what to except when going to the SoWa Open Market, and I have to say I was plesantly surprised. It was a longer walk than I had anticipated and the crowd was getting restless, but the first section we went too, with the food truck and tents calmed the crowd and created a great first impression.
We were able to sample different things, from ice coffee (amazing), to hummus, to even a crazy hot pinapple hot sauce.

We walked through to the other side, and found all the indie artists, as well as a few farm stands, which got me really excited, I love fresh produced. SoWa is home to many different photographers, artists, jewelery makers, even a soap maker or two. There was a booth with not bean bag chairs. And a couple of other interesting tents here. I really enjoyed walking around and looking. I must confess to not purchasing anything, mainly due to my constricted budget, but did mean there was nothing I wanted.

SoWa is also home to various events as well as the Sunday market. The two following weeks after I went to SoWa, there was the Food Truck Fest, and then an Ice Cream Competition. Both of which I would have loved to take part in, alas the busy schedule of Boston Blogging.

Overall this is a great thing to do on a Sunday in the South End! Would love to go back!

(All photos from the SoWa website, mainly because I brought my camera without the memory card! )

Don't Forget to Check Out Their Website at: http://www.southendopenmarket.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment