Thursday, August 12, 2010

#44 Lulu's Sweet Shop

Lulu's Sweet Shoppe
57 Salem Street
Boston MA 02113


Travel Time: 10-15 min T ride (Green or Orange to Haymarket)

Cost: $2.25 for a regular sized cupcake (no minis on selection

So this is located in the North End, right down the block from La Famiglia Gorgio's, and may even be seen as my continuation of the North End blog. But you know me and my cupcakes, I gotta try 'em all.

So we stopped in and got a Red Velvet cupcake to share, and then I brought home a Peanut Butter Cup, Red Velvet and a S'Mores. I absolutely loved the Red Velvet, may have been a tad dry, but it was the end of the day after all. The Peanut Butter Cup was amazing, mainly it had to do with my love for that combination, and even after a day it was still delicious.

Now this is also a sweet shoppe, and they had a great selection of candy, for relatively low prices. So just be prepared for the over all sugar rush that is associated with this store. Overall, if you are in the neighborhood and tired of cannoli's, this is a great alternative, and perfect ending to any meal.

They don't have a website, apparently they closed and just recently re-opened.

No comments:

Post a Comment