Tuesday, June 29, 2010

#25 Bagel Rising

Bagel Rising
1243 Commonwealth Avenue
Allston, MA 02134-3501

Travel Time: 20 min MBTA B Green Line T Ride, from Hynes Convention Center. Harvard Ave, Stop.

Cost: Everything Bagel, with Cream Cheese and a Small Iced Coffee: 8$

So here is a little background on why I needed to find the best bagels in Boston. I grew up on Long Island, with the BEST bagels in the world. (yes, I went there, and I stand by it). I would have a bagel for at least one meal 5 times a week, healthy I know. So imagine my surprise upon my arrival in Boston, and findng there are no local bagel shops, only chains such as Finagle a Bagel. Now I was open to these chain bagels, and gave it a try, once. It was probably one of the worst bagels I have ever had and for three years, I basically avoided bagels in Boston. However, for this list I decided to give one bagel specific store a chance.

Bagel Rising, focuses on the bagels, with a strong accent on their creative sandwhich list. It was refreshing to know that their bagels were made on site, compared to numerous stores that have them made and shipped, which is just not cool. This store has a very relaxed and comfortable atmosphere. I would also arrive early and be prepared to wait in line if you want a fresh bagel. This shop also has a strong bagel sandwhich menu, with some funky options.

So the taste test: Now I went in there to sample the bagel, so I went simple; an everything bagel with lite cream cheese, I have to watch my girlish figure somehow. It was a good bagel, and decent amount of cream cheese, which is super important. However, it pales in comparison with those from home. It was a tad dense, compared to the light and fluffy LI Bagels, and a tad under done with the seedage and flavoring. But even with that said, I was glad I gave it a shot, becuase with no expectations, it exceed all of them.

If you are daring, up for the trek over, and not used to Long Island bagels, I would suggest this place in a heartbeat.

Don't Forget to Check Out Their Website: www.bagelrising.com

No comments:

Post a Comment