Thursday, June 17, 2010

#3 Boston Celtics Game

Boston Celtics
TD Bank North Garden

Travel Time: about 15-20 min Orange Line T ride to North Station.
Cost: (it was a date, so I never found out) But approx 30-40 for the upper sections of the Garden.

Well this seems as good a time as any to post about going to my first Boston Celtics game, and actually my first professional basketball game, especially since the Celts have made it all the way to game 7 of the 2010 NBA Finals, in LA. Since everywhere else in Boston is supporting Celtics fever, I figured I may as well jump on the bandwagon (hey even the Pru is green!)

I went to the Celtics vs. Detroit Pistons, on March 15, 2010, it was so close to St. Patty's day that they had on these special jerseys, they were actually green and gold compared to the normal home jerseys of green and white. The first thing I noticed about the garden, was that it was packed! and this was a monday night, and there was barely an empty seat in the house. Now, the funny thing about this game, was my date told me that I shouldn't expect anything great out of this team, because they were having a mediocre season, and had lost real bad a couple of nights before. (well just look at them now!)

Just a few game points: I saw Nate Robinson slam dunk, and then hang on the rim, which was awesome since he is such a little guy, and the reigning NBA Slam Dunk Champ. The whole garden was rocking throughout the entire game. I was introduced to Gino, during the 4th quarter (see picture). And I was part of the first ever fan wave at a Celtics Game, now who can say that? (check out the article here.
http://espn.go.com/nba/recap/_/id/300315002/detroit-pistons-vs-boston-celtics).

Final Score: Boston:119 vs. Detriot: 93

This was a great night, and a great season for the Celtics. If you ever get the opportunity to go to a game, do not hesitate to say yes!


Dont Forget to Check Out Their Website:
http://www.nba.com/celtics/


No comments:

Post a Comment