Thursday, June 3, 2010

#34 Toscanini's Ice Cream


Toscanini's Ice Cream
899 Main Street
Cambridge, MA 02139 

Travel Time: 40 min walk from NEU Campus, or MBTA Red Line to Central Square Station

Cost: Medium ("2" scoops) $5.00
 
Toscanini's claim to fame is winning the Best of Boston 2009 for Ice Cream, and one small sentence from the New York Times, "Best Ice Cream Ever". So clearly I had to try it. And I will agree, the best ice cream I have had, at least in Boston anyway. The place itself is adorable, tiny, and as seen in the photo they make their ice cream on 
location (which takes a lot of space). They also have a Brunch menu, that looks awesome, and maybe a future post. 
We get in there, and I was totally overwhelmed and had no idea what flavor to choose! I ended up getting a medium Nocciola (Hazlenut, for those who do not speak Italiano). It was amazing. So good! Although it was a lot of ice cream (check out that picture) totally worth it. I will be going back, getting a small, and maybe trying some of their other creative flavors. 
This is an ice cream place, and I must say that their ice coffee was not anything special, and was a tad disappointed by it. 
If you find yourself in Cambridge, on a hot day, this is definitely a place to go! 


Don't Forget to Check Out Their Website: http://www.tosci.com/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment