Monday, July 5, 2010

#000 Harbor Fest


HarborFest!
Government Center
45 School Street
Boston, MA 02108-3206

Cost: $10.00

Travel Time: 15 min MBTA Green Line to Government Center


This is a special edition post! So on July 5th, on my way to Quincy Market, I walked out of the Government Center T Station, to a huge sign that said HARBORFEST! And the Chowderfest was going on! This had totally made my day.

So what chowderfest is, is a competition between local Boston Restaurants (7 of them) to see who has the best clam chowder, and is a part of HarborFest, which is held every July 4th weekend in downtown Boston.

Now, unfortunately this was outside, and eating hot clam chowder in 90 degree heat may not have been the smartest thing, but it was totally worth it. The 2010 competitors were: Yankee Lobster Fish Market, Fish Pier Restaurant & Market, Parker's Restaurant at the Omni Parker Hotel, Oceana at the Marriott Long Wharf, Farmer Brown's, Anthem Kitchen and Bar, Mr.
Dooley's.

I have to say, I was most surprised that I did not like some of the competitors chowder at all, however, my two favorite did place 1st and 2nd, and those were Anthem and Mr.Dooley's respectively. Anthem's chowder had a great creamy texture with really interesting and delicious spices, the only downside was the scarcity of clams! Mr. Dooley's chowder was classic and a tad on the chunky side, with lots and lots of clams.

Outside the even there were Drink and Food companies giving out free samples, such as Ocean Spray, JuicyJuice, Rice Chip Company, and Fruit2O. Love me some Ocean Spray Blueberry Cran.

This was a great experience and I am really excited that I was able to take part in it. If you ever stumble upon this awesome "Fest" like I did, do not hesitate and take advantage of the opportunity for a great time, and good food!


Don't Forget to Check out Their Website at: http://www.bostonharborfest.com/
The band was a swinging all day long!

No comments:

Post a Comment