Monday, July 19, 2010

#5 The Museum of Science


The Museum of Science
1 Science Park, Boston, MA 02114

Travel Time: 20 min
MBTA Green Line
to Science park, and a 5 min walk.

Cost: $21.00 for an Adult ticket (includes Exhibit halls). However, if you want to see the Omni, thats an extra $9.00 and if you want to go to the 3-D movie or the Butterfly gardens thats another $5.00. There's no student discount here, unfortunately. But there are member discount and city pass discount for those tourists.

In general the MoS is a great way to spend an afternoon, there is a lot to see and do here, and I must say its not just for children. Both my parents and I enjoyed ourselves walking around and through all the exhibits. We were able to see the Whales and the MC Escher exhibit, they were both different and informative. The MC Escher exhibit brought me back to my middle school days when I was forced to sit at a computer and make tessellation's in the style of MC Escher for an hour everyday. I still have not been to the Omni here, and hopefully I will before I leave, but they were not playing anything worth while for me and my parents to see. (My cousins went this past week and saw a movie on the underwater dinosaurs, and apparently fell asleep, so pick a good movie, especially for that price! )

I thought the Whales exhibit was really something different. It was really cool to see the skeleton and try to wrap my
mind around the size of these creatures.

We also took the time to look at the eggs in the incubator, two had just hatched, and one was doing work. My mother sat down for about a half an hour to try and see the chick leave its shell. Note: These birds take forever to hatch, dont waste your time like that.

We saw the lightening show while there, and we had prime spots in the middle of the theatre. This overall was a tad disappointing, while informative about lightening and safety, as I'm sure the point is, it wasn't enough lightening sparks. I wanted a big grand finale, and it fell way short.

On our way out, around 3ish the Museum was beginning to get really crowded, so like most places I suggest an early arrival. You can spend a whole afternoon here, and not even noticed how many hours have really passed by.
Don't Forget to Check Out Their Website: http://www.mos.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment