Monday, July 19, 2010

#40 The South Street Diner


The South Street Diner
178 Kneeland Street
Boston, MA 02111-2733


Travel Time: 20 MBTA Orange Line to Downtown Crossing, to change to the Red Line. Get off at South Station. 5 min walk from South Station.

Cost: BLT with Sweet Potato Fries and Water: $8.00

So, I am from Long Island home of the always open diners, hell home of the Diner, and moving to Boston was a shock to me in more ways than one. That shocked included the fact that there are no Diners, anywhere in this city, and needless to say they are NOT open to 4am.

BUT I have found the exception, The South Street Diner, this is a true old fashion diner, small and tiny, but with the awesome breakfast all day menu. The only thing lacking about the menu is the extensive options that are commonplace on the Island. South Street does have this one though, it is open 24 HOURS! yup, somewhere in this city is actually open after the bars close and you want your greasy fix.

This diner has been featured in numerous movies and things of that nature, is a favorite location of the local stars, but despite all that still serves great food. I devoured my BLT and fries quickly, which is a feat for me. The staff is great, local, and really friendly. And another plus they serve beer, at least until 2am, with PBR Tall Boys for only $2.50.

Finding this diner made my day, and I need to come back here....ASAP!

Don't Forget to Check Out Their Website at:
http://southstreetdiner.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment